WHO WE ARE:
Proof Strategies works with value-driven organizations and leaders who aspire to create positive change. As an agency partner, we’re committed to supporting our clients’ goals and actualizing their mission.
But what does this mean?
It means we try to live by our values – transparency, honesty, reliability, accountability – every day. And we hold ourselves accountable, and those we work with, to a high standard in order to meet those values. We expect you to Ask Better Questions™ and bring the entrepreneurial spirit to your work, every day.
Culture is the character and personality of our organization; we practice internally what we say externally. This is what makes our business unique and why you’ll want to work with us. The sum of our values, traditions, beliefs, interactions, behaviors, and attitudes is what we bring with us to work – your work – every day.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
We are currently recruiting for an Account Manager with strong media relations experience to manage several of our existing client relationships. This role serves as the point person to ensure accounts run smoothly and effectively. We want a big thinker capable of creatively solving clients' strategic challenges while flawlessly executing the day-to-day.
The ideal Account Manager for the Proof team will:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of accounts by monitoring client objectives, work quality, timelines, and budget;
- Work closely with our internal senior leadership team, playing a significant role in developing and executing integrated earned and digital communications plans to strategically advance our clients’ business objectives and goals.
- Develop trusting and strong relationships with our clients through serving as the daily contact, sometimes acting as client lead.
- Demonstrate proficiency in media relations, including:
- Ability to pitch compelling news stories;
- Experience composing media materials (news releases, blogs, position statements, and internal client memos); and
- Knowledge of interview staffing protocols and media relationship management best practices.
LEADERSHIP AND ADMINISTRATION
- Demonstrate effective spoken and written communications both internally and externally;
- Engage in active mentorship and guidance of junior staff;
- Possess agile time management and personal organization skills, with demonstrated ability to manage competing deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously;
- Contribute to business development by:
- Introducing clients to new capabilities aligned with their strategic objectives;
- Conducting research and support for new business proposals; and
- Building a personal network of industry contacts through participation in relevant professional organizations.
- Consistently model Proof’s core values of transparency, honesty, reliability, and accountability.
WHO YOU ARE:
A highly driven and exceptional leader who enjoys storytelling and crafting compelling campaigns. This is the ideal role if you love organization and excel in creative thinking to deliver five-star client service. A stand-out candidate will be eager to work collaborativelywith both clients and colleagues to produce great work.
Ideally, you'll have:
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, or related field;
- 4+ years of public/ media relations, marketing, and/or journalism (agency and public affairs experience is a plus!);
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to expertly manage relationships with both clients and fellow team members;
- Established media relations skills, meaning you can spot, create, and place a story across a range of traditional and digital media outlets;
- A concise communications style and can articulate messages persuasively through both written and oral communications;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with proven success managing and meeting multiple deadlines simultaneously–both client-facing and internal;
- Outside the box problem-solving skills;
- Curiosity and a genuine love of learning, compelling you to continue seeking out professional development opportunities;
- Some prior experience:
- Volunteering or working with nonprofit organizations;
- Working on international clients or campaigns;
- Good vibes—we like to work with people we like.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending for health, transit, and childcare benefits
- 401(k) plan
- One-time bike stipend to encourage environmentally friendly commuting
- Ongoing professional development + EDI trainings
- Culture events throughout the year, including yearly all-office retreat and holiday party
- Quarterly team community volunteer opportunities
- Pro-bono work (including our annual Giving Tuesday nonprofit recipient)
- Flexible scheduling with core working hours
- Summer hours
- 15 days of annual personal leave
- Office closure for standard holidays
- Extended winter break closure (Christmas through New Year’s)
- Your birthday off!
- Employee-selected annual “Nature Day” to regroup and recharge outdoors
Please note that, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, all Proof employees are working remotely until it is safe to return to the office.
Proof Strategies provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.